Migrant Ireland
Migrant Ireland

Work Permit
Green card Permit
Spousal/Dependent work permit
Intra-Company Transfer Permit
Graduate Scheme
Ineligible Job Categories
Forms and Fees

Work Permit & Green card
In general, non-EEA nationals must have a permit to work in Ireland. EEA and Swiss nationals do not need an employment permit, except for Bulgarian and Romanian nationals.

The EEA (European Economic Area) consists of the EU member states together with Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.


The processing and decision making for Employment permits in Ireland are solely handled by the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Innovation. See the contact details below.

Department of Enterprise, Trade and Innovation

Employment Permits Section
Davitt House
65a Adelaide Road
Dublin 2

Tel:    +353 1 417 5333
Locall: 1890 201 616
Fax:  +353 1 631 3268